Gwendolines mother was Ethel
(nee Thompson-Smith) daughter of the Mayor of Colchester (18901899).
Ethel married Lieutenant Younghusband who was a distant relative
of the explorer Francis
<<< Ethel dated 1900
Only two photographs of Gwendoline
that has come to light, shows her sitting at the door of Parsonage
The three girls visiting are Charlotte, Ruth and Mary Laurie
from Butlers Farm.
Dated later than 1966
Note:- Ancestry.com lists a "Gwendolen
Pearl Younghusband" born Colchester, Essex 1909 and died (aged
84) 1993, Buckinghamshire
When Gwendoline vacated the property,
it was taken over by Terry and Carol Weavers who are still the current
residents and trade as "demolition
Parsonage Hall dates back to the
13th century where
records indicate Monks owned land in Bures Hamlet including
the Hall, which enabled them to administer their lands.
Interestingly in 1930, Thomas Eustace-Smith,
the then owner of the Wormingford
Workhouse, removed the roof tiles and used them to roof Parsonage
Hall, Bures, the home of his daughter and son-in-law Doctor and